HP Cloud sponsorship

Currently, HP Cloud has disabled our account. According to @bkerensa we probably won’t be getting access again, so we need to work that out and decide on what we’re going to do next if worst comes to worst.

I’m not sure I’d jump to that just yet. This is a monthly thing I have to go through and this is the beginning of the month.

Before we go into panic mode, let me continue working with my HP guy.

1 Like

Yeah, this is meant to be a status tracking thread, not disaster planning :wink:

In the meeting a few other services were mentioned that might also offer us sponsorship. We should decide if we want to evaluate the other options even if we sort things out with HP Cloud, or if we want to stick with HP Cloud unless there is a problem.

I think, as long as HP can sort things out with our accounts and remain committed to the long run, it’s not worth looking at other options because we do have a great deal with them. I don’t have any inherent issues with HP Cloud HP Helion Public Cloud.

That being said, if we do choose to look at alternatives that might offer us sponsorship, there are a bunch, including Google Cloud Platform.

@mrz, should we be concerned about our servers being shut down in the midst of your talks with HP? We’re kinda in limbo here, with no access to Horizon but still access to the servers themselves.

Hoping to have this sorted out.

Regardless of the account status (gratis/paid), it needs to have a valid credit card attached. The pre-auth failed which put the account into “on hold” status.

HP says this is good to go. Someone should help confirm.

1 Like

Yup, my account works for me now. Thanks for sorting this out, @mrz!

1 Like