ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _impl: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (while importing deepspeech library)

If it is just for testing, why don’t you start a Google colab and install via pip. This is done in 2 minutes.

32 bits? 64 bits?

we said no screenshots

we also don’t support conda, please use vanilla venv.

“followed this website”, no link, no steps, I don’t have time

Being a student is not an excuse, it’s not like we have not been patient and repeatedly tried.

Python version 3.8 and 3.9 both are 64bit

I already used that but same thing.

Didn’t gave the link as I gave the code but here it is if you need it.

I can’t deny the fact that after all that you guys are still helping thanks a lot

I have to implement it in an app that is why I am using pycharm

Well, I can only ask you to re-try from scratch without any pycharm, conda or anything, and using only our deepspeech facing CLI.

Basically follow https://deepspeech.readthedocs.io/en/v0.9.3/USING.html#using-the-python-package.

I need you to be 10000% sure about that. 99% of the dll failure on Windows were tracked to python 32 bits, the other 99% to wrong CUDA dependencies.

At some point, if it’s still failing, there’s basically nothing I can do, investigating DLL loading issues is non trivial and likely to be out of your scope of knowledge, unfortunately.

Can you also verify it’s not just missing redistribuable c++ as documented here https://deepspeech.readthedocs.io/en/v0.9.3/USING.html#using-a-pre-trained-model ?

Have a look at this project, which distributes DS and seems to work for people:

1 Like

I tried that aswell but it didnt worked out same error

I am 100000% sure about that. As I reinstalled both of them and both were 64 bit, I also double checked it in cmd.

That is one of the first things I did before I asked on this forum

Maybe I should just drop the Idea of using deepspeech though I will try @othiele shared post. also have you checked the image in the main post.(the linked text saying this)

It might give a hint to you.

I’m sorry, but debugging DLL loading is complicated. If you’re confident you have correctly followed our docs, with deps, on a clean state, there’s not much I can do.

Did you see that screenshot? Or maybe tell me how the older thread was solved.

No, as I said, I don’t read into screenshots.

What are you referring to?

This one

Seriously ? My last message there was asking the reporter to hack, we never knew why it fails, and we never reproed.

@Saurav_Prashar Actually, he even gave you a solution: "ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found." when running deepspeech my ask was about debugging WHY our code which should be able to load properly was failing.

Try and move files as he suggested, if it works, you should debug https://github.com/mozilla/DeepSpeech/blob/7b2eeb6734a49c3d9439644e9fe0685cb46ad695/native_client/python/__init__.py#L8-L18

Ill try doing that tomorrow its like 12am here and its been 12 hrs i have been sitting i front of my pc :pleading_face:

Timezones are complicated, nobody should ever expect you to be 100% available outside of it. Often, resting and sleeping fixes bugs, you should not worry.

Same error It didn’t help me, maybe I am just making the project more complicated for my skill level.

By The way, I just think a little bit that you should take a look at the screenshot shared In the main post

stop that, think a bit about others: what if your interlocutor has no mean to read into a screenshots?