As a way to better support local communities and make the Reps program a more representative program for all mozillians, we are kickstarting an initiative called “Reps Regional Coaches”.
Our goal with this is to have a group of 1-2 people per region (group of countries) that can act as coaches and bring back to the Council local insights about what’s going on, needs, concerns, feedback, ideas and others from local communities in their region, as well as provide guidance on what are the focus initiatives for Mozilla right now and coaching on how to better handle local communities.
This is not a decision making position, it’s a role to help, support and empower local communities from the Reps program. This is a rotational role that will be renewed each 6 months. This call is open for any Rep or Participation Leader.
If you are interested in it, please make sure you check the logistic commitments and responsibilities below.
- Develop a clear view of local communities status, problems, needs.
- Help local communities surface any issues or concerns.
- Provide guidance/coaching on Mozilla’s goals to local communities.
- Run regular checkins with communities and volunteers in the region.
- Coordinate with the rest of regional coaches on a common protocol, best practices.
- Be a bridge between communities in the same region.
- This role is not a power structure nor a decision maker, it just helps the communities in the region.
- At least 5h per week to devote to this task.
- Have a max of 72h response time to communications.
- Be able to meet (audio/video) with regional communities and others.
We have opened a form to sign-up for this group that will be opened until July 20th.
From all applicants the Council will decide 1-2 per region and training will be provided to all of them, as well as a list of initial activities.
Do you know a mozillian that would be a good fit for this role? Please reach out and ask to apply!
Note: By region o regional we mean a group of countries in the same area/region.
PS: Thanks to all the people involved in the proposal and for the interest established about this initiative.