Is there an API for submitting listings on AMO

Hi,

I’ve created an extension, successfully signed it with web-ext sign, and was able to install it locally and see it working.

Now, I would like my build server to automatically create a listing on addons.mozilla.org for my extension. However, the documentation I’ve seen on creating a new listing assumes one doing so through the web interface, uploading the .xpi file that was already sent to addons.mozilla.org through web-ext sign. Is there a way to programmatically create a listing for that file, or updates for an existing listing?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent

1 Like

You can’t create a listing via the API at the moment. You can only submit new unlisted versions.

Thanks Jorge. I thought I’d submit this as a feature request, but luckily, this has already been filed. So, for people running into this in the future:

That said, the feature request for the API does mention that it should already be possible to upload a new version of an already listed add-on through the API (but not through web-ext yet), so that could cover a large part of this use case already.

Edit: For those interested, here’s the script I used to publish a signed XPI file. Not sure how well it will work with Mozilla’s policies (i.e. the add-on can still be reviewed after publishing and potentially removed, and I don’t think this submits the source code as well if necessary), but at least it automates some of the process.