Mozilla Activate - Rust activity was updated!

Hi everyone

A few minutes ago I’ve pushed an update to the Rust MozActivate activity. This reworked (and mostly new) activity was initiated and coordinated by the Rust Community Events team with some help from @couci and me. 99% of the credits go to @skade and the rest of the Rust team though!

https://activate.mozilla.community/rust-hack/

Here are some information about the rework that was done. @skade was so kind to provide an abstract:

We’ve rewritten the Rust activity, as a lot of it was outdated. We also changed its nature a little. It now describes how to kick off a regular meeting, in the style of a “Hack & Learn”. This allows you to run the event without having a speaker close by or without having a lot of Rust experience. The goals have changed a little. Another change was to get the activity a little more integrated with the Rust community, so that they can assist you with you questions and offer promotion. It should now also be easier to run and setup.

Please take a few minutes to read through the new activity, let us know what you think about it.

The translated pages still have the old activity on them, if you want to help translate these to include the new activity, you can find more information on the GitHub repo.

Looking forward to seeing all of you organize impactful activities! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Michael

4 Likes

I really liked the improved overall workflow.Thanks, @skade. Excited to see some impactful activities from communities.

Feel free to ping me if need any help here! :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Mehul Patel.