Mozilla Connected Communities

Hello Lovely Mozillians,

We have come up with a proposal of “Connected communities”. I’m making an attempt to clear off few things that brought you into a state of dilemma, through the previous post! (which has been deleted to avoid further confusion).

What is Connected communities all about?
Regarding the name: connected “communities” is apt because we’re taking an
initiative NOT ONLY to connect and form a network of spaces that support
open source activities

But also, to connect the communities that these spaces foster.

Assuming,that these spaces might also be used by other open source communities
or maybe otherwise for their own proceedings and meetings.

Connected communities shall serve the purpose of :
1.forming a space directory thus enabling and making it easier for mozillians to conduct events, proceedings etc.
2.Reaching out and targeting contributors who do not fall under the
category of students,etc (who can be found in mozilla clubs).
3. Increasing diversity in age groups other than just a majority of students…
4. Recognition to spaces doing the good work.
i.e. leveraging their services or for the matter just their space

Space directory : please fill in the information about the spaces which fit the criteria as per mentioned.

Who should join this program?
It is open for all who are members or not the members of our Mozilla
community(yes, they can surely be your friends from Python community,
Debian, Fedora, or anyone) across the globe who are passionate about
connecting us to these communities/spaces and be a connecting member
between both community and also Mozilla.

“The sole aim is to work and collaborate together with all the communities who contribute to Open source & drive the community further with better resources and
maybe skilled volunteers?.”

.If you want to join in helping us out, please add yourself to the telegram group through an invitation link provided below.
link : Mozilla Connected Communities TG group

If you want to add any suggestions/feedback in person, please contact us at dyvik100[at]gmail[dot]com or telegram: @Mozfox
aasthavijay380[at]gmail[dot]com or telegram: @Aastha_i_am

2 Likes

Hi @dyvik100,

Connected Communities sounds interesting. Will join the Telegram channel.
Can you tell us a little more what you are doing or intend to do?

This might fit into our wider Community Support Software program at Participation Systems (if you are NDA’ed, please check https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/coss-strategic-domain-design/12991).

Curious to hear more.

Best regards,
Henrik

This post is updated now. Please go through it and do not forget to add your comments,Thanks.

@dyvik100 What I understand about this project is a way to have a database with physical spaces that Mozilla (and other open source organizations) can you for free to conduct their activities.

Is this right?

Hey @nukeador , I’m not sure if you have read an updated message or not. I’m attaching updated post here again, please go through it.

Hello Lovely Mozillians,

We have come up with a proposal of “Connected communities”. I’m making an attempt to clear off few things that brought you into a state of dilemma, through the previous post! (which has been deleted to avoid further confusion).

What is Connected communities all about?
Regarding the name: connected “communities” is apt because we’re taking an
initiative NOT ONLY to connect and form a network of spaces that support
open source activities

But also, to connect the communities that these spaces foster.

Assuming,that these spaces might also be used by other open source communities
or maybe otherwise for their own proceedings and meetings.

Connected communities shall serve the purpose of :
1.forming a space directory thus enabling and making it easier for mozillians to conduct events, proceedings etc.
2.Reaching out and targeting contributors who do not fall under the
category of students,etc (who can be found in mozilla clubs).
3. Increasing diversity in age groups other than just a majority of students…
4. Recognition to spaces doing the good work.
i.e. leveraging their services or for the matter just their space

Space directory : please fill in the information about the spaces which fit the criteria as per mentioned.

Who should join this program?
It is open for all who are members or not the members of our Mozilla
community(yes, they can surely be your friends from Python community,
Debian, Fedora, or anyone) across the globe who are passionate about
connecting us to these communities/spaces and be a connecting member
between both community and also Mozilla.

“The sole aim is to work and collaborate together with all the communities who contribute to Open source & drive the community further with better resources and
maybe skilled volunteers?.”

.If you want to join in helping us out, please add yourself to the telegram group through an invitation link provided below.
link : Mozilla Connected Communities TG group

If you want to add any suggestions/feedback in person, please contact us at dyvik100[at]gmail[dot]com or telegram: @Mozfox
aasthavijay380[at]gmail[dot]com or telegram: @Aastha_i_am

To conclude we are not just identifying spaces but we are also building a program to encourage new spaces to join us and to maintain a long term relationship with them.

@lucyeoh @Christos @couci Maybe this is something we can support for community-lead spaces.

@dyvik100 what is the current status. How many spaces were you able to connect ?
If you had identified any spaces in and around Bangalore, India. Please do share with me/us.

@RufusCSharma Hey! Thanks for reaching out. We’re (Especially Dyvik is) working on the wiki page that shall have all the information of the existing spaces that we’ve figured out so far. As far as I’m aware of, we have probably identified ‘one’ space in Bangalore yet! Make sure to fill up the form in case you’re aware of any (Trust me, it’d be a great help to this initiative) Looks like Dyvik cannot access the internet as he’s out of station currently. Nevertheless, you can always try communicating with him via telegram. His username is: @Mozfox.

Hope I’ve answered your query well.

1 Like