Mozilla IoT gateway working with Lutron Caseta?

Hi. I am new on mozilla IoT gateway and pretty excited to start using it. I don’t know if this is the appropriate forum, but I haven’t found any reference on this topic here or elsewhere.

I would like to know whether the mozilla iot gateway is known to work, or not, with the Lutron Caseta smart lighting ecosystem.

I own multiple Caseta devices with the Caseta Bridge Pro, and before getting into the mozilla gateway, I would like to know if I will be able to control these devices.

Any info, in one way or the other, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There is not currently an add-on for this, but it would be a great addition. It looks like Homebridge works with this already (plugin here), so maybe somebody could just base an add-on off of that.

It looks like the Lutron Caseta uses a proprietary wireless protocol. It seems that there might be a way to talk to the “Pro Bridge” using telnet. https://forums.lutron.com/showthread.php/1802-API-or-SDK-available.

Nobody has written an adapter for this, but conceptually, it should be possible to do so.

Thanks for the replies.

True, Lutron Caseta uses a proprietary wireless protocol.
True, integration is possible via the Caseta Smart Bridge Pro, which I have. Other gateways have done it (e.g., Hubitat).

Unfortunately I don’t have the knowledge to build an add-on. I hope there will be sufficient interest for one to be built soon because I would really like to embark on the Things gateway. Can we vote somewhere? :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

1 Like