New Update prevents Last Pass from reinstalling as addon/says corrupt

new update today took my last pass off and will not let me reinstall it as an add on as Firefox said the lastpass site is corrupted–sooooo not happy that the best password protection I can find is suddenly not good enough for you and so you block me from using it==fix this issue immediately you should not be able to determine what I can and can not have on my system!!! I will be asking fellow users if they have the same issue–perhaps it is time for a new browser this one seems to be getting too big for its own good!!!

1 Like

Man, if ya want us to start using Chrome, you are doing it right. Give my plugins back, will ya?

Looks like there is an outdated certificate that’s caused an issue. Backdating (if that’s ok with your systems) will work as a bandaid while they fix the issue.

Clock rollback did work for half an hour. Not any more to me, Win 7 here.

Do I need to download Chrome? I NEED Lastpass add-on

How far did you roll back? The certificate apparently expires at 12:00am on May 4, 2019 in UTC time.

It isn’t 12am where I am. It is 9:25 central. I did change mine to Hawaii time and that didn’t work.

Can’t even remember any more. Now I have correct time settings, and my adBlock actually works; I installed it via package I downloaded from developer site. Luckily I don’t use any other extensions which don’t work.

The problem with the clock trick is certain website certificates which won’t let you in.

1 Like

I have the latest Firefox 66.0.4 which should include a hotfix for the addon issue.
But it still doesn’t work for me even though I have the “Studies” option enabled in my preferences.
Am I the only one in this situation ??
What could Mozilla support do for this situation ?

1 Like

There are multiple known issues where the fix can’t apply. One of these cases is when there is/was a master password: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-ons-disabled-or-fail-to-install-firefox#w_master-password

A more resilient fix is being worked on.

Thanks for your fast reply. Sadly, I don’t have a master password and the solution provided doesn’t work for me neither.
I’ll use Chromium until the next fix will be provided.
Thanks for your good work !

You are not the only one. I have been using multiple add-ons happily for years. Now Firefox is preventing all of them from working. I’m not happy.