No syncing

Lockbox is not syncing my passwords. To get them synced, I need to fully disconnect from Lockbox and reconnect again.

Sorry to hear. Are you sasying the first sync (after signing in) is the only sync that appears to happen for you?

How can you tell? Are you adding/editing logins elsewhere and not seeing those changes reflected in your Lockbox app?

Have you tried using the “pull to refresh” gesture on the main list view screen? That should force a sync to happen. If you do that are your changes reflected or still the same as they were before?

I’m sure we can get to the bottom of this…

Hello. You are correct, the only sync that happens for me is the first one after signing in.
I’m adding and/or editing my logins from Firefox on my PC, but when opening Lockbox on my iPhone or using the “pull to refresh” gesture, the logins are not updated.

As, I’ve mentionned, currently the only way to get my logings synced is to sign off from Lockbox and sign in again.

Same to me. The app not syncing after first time

Same for me. The app does not sync after first time.

Pull to refresh worked for me

I need to uninstall Firefox Lockwise from my phone everytime i try to add a new PW on my computer then reinstall and relogin or it will just infinetly loop on sync…

I am using a S6 android phone with the newest version of Firefox(68.4.2) and Firefox Lockwise (v3.30(5784)) on my PC side I am using win10 with newest version of Firefox (72.0.2 as of today)

I didnt want to risk disconnecting the account and relogining in the lockwise APP as it warns of lossing all my PW’s if I do that so I opted for the reinstall method instead. While this is a workaround it doesnt seem right. Anyone else experiencing similar issues on an older phone like mine?

Same issue here. Does it have something to do with Samsung phones specifically? On my S7 the behavior is exactly as described. I see a couple of logs that could be red herrings:

07-08 15:55:06.658 32487 32487 E libpersona: Couldn’t open the File - /data/system/users/0/personalist.xml - No such file or directory
07-08 15:55:07.110 3265 3265 E audit : type=1400 audit(1594234507.095:3523): avc: denied { read } for pid=32487 comm=“mozilla.lockbox” name=“version” dev=“proc” ino=4026534936 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:proc:s0 tclass=file permissive=0 SEPF_SM-G930W8_8.0.0_0018 audit_filtered

It’s now end of July 2021 and this is still an issue. Absolutely pathetic!

When I open the lockwise app on android, it just says synchronizing logins forever. There’s no way for me to see what is wrong with that process, why it’s stuck infinitely syncing, or anything. Absolute garbage by whoever developed that. Work on your UX and give the user feedback. Something is going wrong, but you’re not telling us what, so we can’t even provide good information, instead we are stuck bitching and moaning with vague information.

Sometimes I can force stop the app and the syncing issue will go away, but it still won’t sync.

The log out log in works to fix the syncing, but this isn’t really a log term solution. The sync is a BASIC feature of an app like this, and the fact that it is failing is embarrassing.

What else is weird is that I was able to log out and log in, all while the app had a little box at the top that says “No Internet Connection”, so whatever it does to determine that is also wrong and broken… Seriously, this should be basic.

The app continues to work fine, as long as I haven’t added new passwords on another device. If I add a new one on the desktop, it will inevitably break again. If I force stop the app, sometimes it will just stop working. This is some broken ass crap.

Thanks, I guess that is the fix for now. Lockwise says “syncing” and it appears to complete but nothing changes. I uninstalled and reinstalled and my new logins showed up.