Problem since the 1.0 Webthings upgrade

Did the Phillips Hue adapter change with the 1.0 update? It seems at least partially broken now. It does send the off command, but never an on command now. If I change the state of device manually (ie turn on the light manually) it does show as on within Webthings, and I can turn it off, but never can I turn it back on via Webthings. I use this adapter to communicate with HABridge, not a real Philips Hue hub. Has always worked very well, until today.

Also, the “Highlights” addon is not working at all, but this is not a show stopper.

If I need to revert to the older 0.12 build, do I simply rename the .mozilla-iot.old folder back and reboot?

Thanks

You can file issues against the Highlights add-on here: https://github.com/flatsiedatsie/highlights/issues

The Hue add-on hasn’t changed in a couple months. Please file an issue here so that we can discuss further: https://github.com/WebThingsIO/philips-hue-adapter

Done. Thank you.

Now, how does one revert to the previous build?

cd ~/mozilla-iot
./gateway/tools/rollback.sh

If you do that, make sure you disable the Automatic Updates setting in the UI to prevent your gateway from getting back into the same state.

1 Like

While the rollback script reports nothing on the console while running, it appears to do nothing as well. I have ran it, rebooted, and still on v1.0. Fortunately, I made a backup before installing 1.0. I can manually rollback if need be.

The manual rollback worked and Philips-Hue addon is working again.

My gateway stopped working on Dec 4th after the webthings-io update. I have run rollback.sh but it did not seem to change anything.
What is the procedure for a manual rollback?
I am pretty sure that it is more than just copying .mozilla-iot.old to .mozilla-iot?

The way I did it, and it was not perfect because my yeelights are broken now. Yours may differ:

• Stop the new gateway: systemctl stop webthings-gateway
  • rm the webthings link.
  • mv .webthings to .webthings-1.0
  • mv mozilla-iot/gateway to gateway-1.0
  • mv mozilla-iot/gateway-old to gateway
  • mv .mozilla-iot-old to .mozilla-iot
  • Disable new service: systemctl disable webthings-gateway
  • Enable old service: systemctl enable mozilla-iot-gateway
  • Reboot

There are probably some env vars that I missed, hence why my yeelights are not working. Not sure how to find what they were. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, not sure when I will get time to try this out though.