Remove Add-ons feature

I’ve been spending some time modifying Firefox for Android.

I want to disable the “Add-ons” feature but I’ve been unable to do so. It might be because this feature is being loaded from Firefox Components.

How do you disable or hide the Add-ons feature?

Here is a screenshot of the Add-ons menu option

LXdmq3R.png (580×1212) (imgur.com)

1 Like

Hey!

Fenix is using WebExtensionBrowserMenuBuilder in DefaultToolbarMenu. This class is responsible for adding the add-on manager entry and entries that add-ons want to add to the menu.

If you replace it with a plain BrowserMenuBuilder and make the necessary changes then those menu entries should no longer show up.

You may also want to check that add-ons, like the webcompat reporter, are not added since they are trying to add something to the menu.

1 Like

Hi pocmo,

Thank you! This is very helpful.

How do you remove the Add-ons option from the long main menu in addition to the short default menu?

Here is a screenshot of the other Add-ons option in the menu I’m referring to

Z5LHJ7Z.png (288×602) (imgur.com)

@pocmo any ideas? I really appreciate your help!

@pocmo for your help figuring this out I’ll send you a tip on PayPal or CashApp. I really appreciate your help!

for your help figuring this out I’ll send you a tip on PayPal or CashApp.

That’s not needed. But thank you!

How do you remove the Add-ons option from the long main menu in addition to the short default menu?

There are two places to remove the menu option, from the home screen and from the browser screen.

• HomeFragment/HomeMenu: Here the menu item is added to the home screen.
  • DefaultToolbarMenu: Here the WebExtensionBrowserMenuBuilder will add the addon-manager menu item and menu items for add-ons.

You can remove both with a change like this:

2 Likes