[Support] Edit

Please post your support questions about Edit here.

Thank you

If a user clicks a button by mistake, is there a way to undo the last change? If not, would there be a way to add such a feature? For example, I hit the button to add the open-close tags for Bold around a selection, and I didn’t realize I was in the BBCode pane instead of the HTML pane, so I hit Ctrl+Z (the usual Windows/Firefox undo shortcut) but that doesn’t seem to work after a change made via Edit.

There is no undo as the action actually changes the content and although it is possible to create an undo process it adds a lot of processing to keep track of each action for undo (more processing means more memory and resource usage).

Nonetheless, if there is a popular demand, regardless of the resource usage, I can add the feature.

However, there is a “Remove Tags” Option which removes all tags from the selected text.

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of using the Remove Tags option to undo a wrong button push. That would be all I’d need to remove a wrong tag and get back to the right one quickly enough.

What I’m trying to do is using the Wordpress editor, I want to highlight a web page URL, move to the editor and highlight the text I want to convert into a hyperlink using the html code inserter and then have the URL automatically inserted. As of now, when I try to do this I get an error saying the operation could not be performed.

I’d also prefer to do this using the right-click context menu rather than a sidebar.

Is there a way to do any/all of this using Edit? If so, how do I do it?

If I understand correctly …

Currently, Edit is a sidebar function which means everything is initiated form the sidebar.

I have not added context-menu action to it… but it can be considered.
I haven’t worked on Edit for a while and I will consider all requests when I start working on an update.

Different pages/tabs are in different context (for security/privacy) in new Firefox. It is not easily possible to get a highlighted page URL from another tab to the new tab.

The function you have described is usually provided by the page forms (same here when you click insert hyperlink). Doesn’t the Wordpress editor have a similar option?