SysAdmins status update

Howdy admins,

I’ve been quite busy work-wise so I haven’t had the chance to catch up with you all. We’ve made great progress so far and I would like to start dishing out some more tasks - I know I have my own backlog to go through! So @tad @tanner @yousef @logan give me a brief summary of where you guys are at and if you need anything.

Apologies for the lack of communication on IRC. Swamped in real-life I’m afraid.

Cheers,
Will

Hey Will! On my end, I can let you know my progress with WPMS. @tanner has been mentoring me quite a bit with server administration, and I was able to get the proper permissions to set up the two servers and the database with WordPress installations on each.

To sync the settings, I put wp-content (which contains themes, plugins, etc.) on the mounted share and symlinked both of the installations to it. I also did a preliminary setup of multisite, although domain mapping will require extra thinking and planning.

@tanner set up some basic load balancing through Route 53, although we plan to use the LBaaS on HP Cloud (if possible) for the final setup.

Hope all is well!

I need to work on getting Puppet passwords hidden somewhere. Right now I’m preparing for a presentation on Wednesday at a National Education ICT conference, but I’m kind of working on puppet in the background, and will have more time to focus next week

I’ve not been doing much, just making sure Discourse is working. Happy to take some jobs if needed.

1 Like

I’ve been helping Logan out a bit with stuff, we’re going to talk domain mapping and load balancing later (today or tomorrow probably).

Appreciate the responses guys. I guess we’ve all been swamped. I hope to get some stuff together for the next meeting but apologies if I don’t get your tasks setup in time. Busy week and it’s St Patrick’s weekend here so lots of family stuff going on.

Hey guys,
Due to work commitments I won’t be available for the meeting tonight. Apologies for the short notice. I’ll catch up with you all on Friday.

@tad @tanner @yousef @logan @majken