Unable to access existing AMO account and add-on ownership

Greetings,

I need help recovering access to the AMO account that owns my Firefox add-on, “UltraWide Video 21:9.”

The email address associated with the add-on is my main email address:

hp321helder.pt@gmail.com

However, when I sign in to the Add-ons Developer Hub using this same email address, I am being treated as if I have created a brand-new account. The Developer Hub shows that this account was created on September 2, 2026.

The existing add-on does not appear in this account.

The public listing is still available here:

It currently shows the developer as “Firefox user 12885222.”

I have already tried signing in with any other email addresses I own but unfortunately no success.

Also I tried to contact Mozilla Support but unfortunately they were not able to help me on this matter and I was told to get in touch with the Add-ons team.

According to Mozilla’s documentation, an existing Add-ons account should retain access to its add-ons after being migrated to a Mozilla Account when the same email address is used. In my case, that does not appear to have happened.

Hopefully i can regain access to my legacy Developer Hub account or if not possible at least provide ownership to my current Mozilla Account since i’m the owner of the Add-on mentioned.

Appreciate any support and help on this matter, thank you.

Hi there and thanks for reaching out.

This is indeed unexpected and we have launched an internal investigation to figure out what happened there and how to fix it.

I will let you know the moment I have an update from the team.

Thank you

-Christos

Hi Christos,

Thank you very much for looking into this matter and for launching an internal investigation.

I really appreciate it. I’ll kindly wait for your update from the team.

Thank you again for your help!

Best regards,
Helder Filipe

Any news sir ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Helder!

Please let me sync with the relevant team and get back to you.

-C

Thanks for your reply, Chris!
Sure thing, hopefully the team can retrieve my original AMO account or provide me ownership of my previous lost owned addon.
Thanks for your support.

Still no news?
I’m starting to lose hope sadly and interest on re-updating any future addons for Mozilla browser.

Hi Helder Felipe and apologies for the late response.

Our investigation showed that you had deleted your Firefox Account, and your Add-ons account should have been deleted as well, along with your add-ons.

The reason this didn’t happen was because of a bug that we since then fixed, but the actions didn’t retroactively apply.

I will be reaching out to you privately via email.

Thank you