Web console request details Response tab - duplicate scrollbars

I’m not sure if this is just my problem, but whenever a line of text in Response payload is longer than DevTools window width, it is contained in a window with scrollbars (horizontal and vertical) which is in another window with scrollbars.

This looks OK:

But when I scroll right and down, another set of scrollbars appear:

To see the end of the text I have to scroll the outer window down to reveal inner scrollbar, scroll to the right with that and then scroll up again with the outer window.
Can anyone reproduce this?

Hello Robert.
We were able to reproduce this, and fix the issue (See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1560804).
The fix will be in Firefox 69 (in Beta in a couple weeks)

Thanks!

Hello Nicolas,

it has been fixed, but I think you “overcorrected” a little. Now, if there is a long line of text in Response payload, there is NO horizontal scrollbar.

I also believe believe that Preview part of Response tab is not very useful as it displays loaded content without any styling and at the same time I can see the real result (with styles applied) in the browser window (but maybe I just don’t see other people’s workflow where this might be useful).

And another thing which I think would be helpful is, if the Response payload window had its content “pretty printed” (maybe as an optional feature). Now it is one long line which is rather difficult to read.

Thank you

It seams the scrolls is bigger not allowing to press on the top or bottom of the scroll. Can you try this?
It would be nice if we could get scroll this text by the mouse scroll.
his is version 73.0.1 (64 bit) on Debian 4.9.144-3.1 (2019-02-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux with XFCE.
I also think it’s better to see at response payload instead preview.