Web-ext run doesn't work on Ubuntu 22

Has anyone have found a solution to this problem ?
web-ext run doesn’t want to launch Firefox on Ubuntu 22 that forces Firefox to be installed via snap. I know this is a known issue, but will that be solved ? is it on the roadmap ?

2 Likes

For anyone who reads this, I found 2 alternatives solutions :

• What I did for now : I installed a Debian 11 VM, but that not ideal (lags, resources of my, etc.)
  • It’s also possible to unistall Firefox snap and disable (snap disable firefox && snap remove --purge firefox) then install firefox via apt

Has anyone another solution using web-ext with Firefox snap :roll_eyes: ?
Thanks

Maybe related to this:

Ask there for a workaround, they may know.

1 Like

Hi @juraj.masiar, I read this article before posting here but I though my error message was different so I didn’t give it a try :sweat_smile: but I should definitely do !
I’ll give it a try asap and tell here the results. Thx again :+1:

Hi @juraj.masiar, I just tried this solution (setting $TEMP to a home directory) and it doesn’t work :face_with_head_bandage:

Well, I don’t use linux that much so this is not my area of expertise…

It’s best to ask directly in the web-ext issue tracker, they are better suited to help with workarounds (like installing a second Firefox without using snap).

Don’ts worry, that’s what I did when I was listing the alternatives above (first I installed a VM, then installed Firefox via apt and it’s more convenient):

It’s also possible to unistall Firefox snap and disable (snap disable firefox && snap remove --purge firefox) then install firefox via apt

Thanks

1 Like