Always open a site in a specific container

Hello,

when I assign a site (for instance a google table) to a container and I wanna open another site (for instance another table) it wants it to open in the same like the first one. But I don’t want that.
I dont want to assign a domain name to the container but a specific website.
Is there a workaround?

Another example:

I assigned “https://www.google.com/finance/” to a container.
But now everytime I google anything it also wants to open that google search in that container.

Currently, Multi-Account Containers doesn’t support assigning based on URL pattern. So you’re limited to full domain name or subdomains.

There’s a third-party addon called Containerise (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/containerise/) that supports more complex URL matching rules that you might like to give a try.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re looking to open different websites in separate containers without them sharing the same container. If you’re using a browser like Mozilla Firefox, you can achieve this using their Multi-Account Containers feature. Here’s how to do it:

1. Install the “Multi-Account Containers” extension in Firefox if you haven’t already.

2. Create separate containers for the websites you want to keep isolated. For example, you can have one container for “Google Table” and another for the second table you want to open.

3. Assign specific websites to each container. You can do this by right-clicking on a link and selecting the container you want to use, or you can configure it in the extension’s settings.

4. Now, when you open links or navigate to websites in each container, they will stay isolated from each other, and you won’t have the issue of one website opening in the same container as the first one.

Remember that this feature is specific to Firefox and may not be available in other web browsers. If you’re using a different browser, you may need to explore other extensions or workarounds to achieve a similar result.

The UI is really lacking here. I am looking for some way to open pages in containers based on url pattern or at least exact url. E.g. I want to efficiently work with a example.com/loginInAsAlice and example.com/loginInAsBob. For that I want to create bookmarks to both urls, and each of them should be opened in different containers.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that add-on is “not actively monitored for security by Mozilla”.

There is no way I’m giving full access to all my browsing to such a completely insecure add-on.

Thanks for the well intended tip anyway. :slight_smile: