Configuring GPIO pins

Here’s a wiki page that describes how to configure GPIO pins

Note that if you installed the gpio adapter prior to this morning (Feb 8, 2018), then you’ll need to remove it and add it back again in order to get the updated version, which supports input pins.

2 Likes

I’m checking the wiki regarding GPIO pins i trying to figure out how to read a simple DHT22 sensor I have attached, but without any luck.

The GPIO adapter is designed for really simple gpio devices, like LEDs or relays.

The DHT22 isn’t really a GPIO device. It uses a 1-wire like protocol to talk with it and would require some special code. It looks like it is possible to talk to it using some python code on a raspberry pi, so it should be possible to create an adapter which would work with it.

This could be part of generic sensors addons, If there is a need let me know, I’ll help you.

https://s-opensource.org/2018/04/25/mozilla-iot-generic-sensors/

Hi,
I am new on IOT using RaspberryPi. I will use only GPIO pins. I have already configured out and in of the pins. Out are working fine, but input are not working. I does not change its status as displayed omn screen with change of voltage levels at pin.
Further, one pin [15] state is always pressed even when it is off/open. It is configured identically with anothe pin, 14, which shows ok. But it also does not change its status when its input signal level changes.
Please guide me.