Numbers of checked sentences not shown in dashboard

Hi! Somewhere around last christmas the number of the checked sentences stopped being shown. Normally there are 5 rows: Rank, name, number of spoken sentences, number of checked sentences with percentage of correctness - I am missing the last one! Same problem on the listening-page. And in the contribution stats the hour is not displayed in the right position. There are 10 bars and only the last three hours displayed. I thought that is so obvious, somebody would care about it, but that did not happen. And I also did not find something in discourse about it, so I know write this post. Could someone take care about it? Is it a bug or a feature? Thanks in advance!
By the way, I am using firefox current.

2 Likes

Agree with you Murray_B, i miss those functionnalities.
The percentage was nice in order to follow one own progress.

1 Like

Hi,

I know there were some changes to the dashboard in December. @mbranson and @phirework might be able to better explain the changes.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi @murray_b, thank you for asking! We are in the middle of reworking the leaderboard functions on the user dashboard. It turns out calculating recording accuracy for millions of clips and hundreds of thousands of users on the fly is a really expensive transaction for the database, and it was impacting the performance of the server overall and causing lots of crashes. We’ve removed the accuracy count for now to improve server stability, and in the meantime we’re overhauling the entire leaderboard infrastructure behind the scenes so that we can still provide people with up-to-date and useful stats about their own contributions without bogging down the database. Thanks for being patient in the meantime!

As for the latest contributions on the front page, that shouldn’t be happening and I will investigate that.

3 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation, so it’s a feature, not a bug. I will spent my time in recording/checking sentences until there’s something new to view in the stats! :wink:

1 Like