Present yourself

Hi,

I would like to open this first topic so we can have the chance to present ourselves :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ll start.

RubĆ©n here, Iā€™m from Valladolid (Spain) and Iā€™m currently part of the Mozilla Reps team as Community Manager. Iā€™m also part of the Reps Council and a mentor.

Iā€™ve been volunteering at Mozilla since 2004, specially in building and helping at the Spanish-speaking community (Mozilla Hispano) grow.

Iā€™m super excited about this new participation team and all the things we can do for every mozillian to help move our mission forward.

More about me at my mozillians profile.

1 Like

Hey all,

Pierros here, Greek, currently heading the Participation Infrastructure team and Mozilla Reps Module Owner (and mentor :smile: )

Uber excited to be part of the Participation team and get to build and grow awesome communities with all of you!

1 Like

Hi there,

Konstantina here, another Greek :wink: , part of the Reps team as the Reps Co-ordinator.

Iā€™m rather new in Mozilla, started volunteering back in 2012.

Really excited and proud to be in the Participation team, looking forward to help and empower Mozillians around the globe.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for creating this thread, nuke.

Iā€™m David, Iā€™m heading up the Community Development team, (sort of) the known part of the larger Participation team. :slight_smile: More specifically, Reps, Regional, and Participation Infrastructure. Iā€™m here on a part-time basis to help the team, manage people & processes, etc, and Iā€™m obviously as excited as everyone else about what weā€™ll do together this year and beyond!

Some people may know me more from another part of the organization - Iā€™m also the Director of User Success, responsible for http://support.mozilla.org and our Support and User Advocacy teams at Mozilla.

Please reach out if you want to talk! Iā€™m always up for a chat. Generally, I respond best to e-mail and less so on IM/IRC. :slight_smile:

Mozillians: https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/djst/
Blog: http://djst.org/

1 Like

Hello, my name is Guillermo Movia, working in the CDT team in Regional Communities. Based in Argentina, my work is centered in LATAM.

Iā€™m part of Mozilla Community since 2006, beginning with localization and then making lot of things. Also Iā€™m Mozilla Hispano co-founder.

Iā€™m organizing meetings with all the communities in LATAM so we could create and works on 2015 goals for every community. Yo could find me on IRC with my nickname deimidis (also in twitter). My blog is in spanish, and you could find it here: http://unojoenelcielo.com.ar

And my mozillians profile

PS: If you came to Buenos Aires, ping me :wink:

1 Like

Hello all,

My name is Francisco Picolini, Iā€™ve been a volunteer since 2003-2004, contributing on several areas. On 2007 I was one of the 12 people that created Mozilla Hispano, and lately I was involved doing events in Spain (Iā€™m based in Madrid).

Iā€™m the new member of this team, I came from the Events team, and my goal is to help communities to have impact with events. My role is Community Events Coordinator.

You can find more details of me on my Mozillian profile, or in my Reps profile.

1 Like

Hi :smile:
Also super, excited to be part of this team focused on community. I have been participating in open source communities since 2005, and Mozilla most actively since 2009 - I feel my life has been changed by the experience, and whenever I can seek to help others realize their own potential through mentoring and education.

I live in a tiny town on Vancouver Island in Canada called Sooke with my family and one small fluffy dog.

1 Like

George sounding off!

Along with Emma, adding another Canadian to the mix (based in Toronto). Iā€™m super-new to Mozilla, and feeling privileged to be part of the staff contingent of the Participation team. Iā€™m very motivated by serving the incredible people participating in Mozillaā€™s mission.

Iā€™m on the team to help lead the Participation Task Force Lab, which was outlined in the participation plan for 2015. Iā€™m super-excited to be part of diving into the conversations and experiments that will shape the future of participation at Mozilla ā€“ itā€™s so critical for our mission. Iā€™ll be reaching out in the coming days to ask for your feedback on what weā€™re thinking for the Lab.

You can read some more about me and/or check out my Mozillians profile.

1 Like

Hi all!

Lizz Noonan here.

Iā€™ve been a Mozilla Community member for 10 years now - I started doing user testing and SUMO, then was a Student Rep and a Rep. Additionally, Iā€™ve been a Mozilla employee for almost three years, first as a PR intern, then a Brand Engagement contractor followed by a Brand Engagement Coordinator. Currently, Iā€™m a Senior Coordinator and Project Manager on the Engagement team, specializing in Communications and Creative Management. Iā€™m also the community steward/architect of the new Mozilla community design group (soon to be launched), the Mozilla Creative Collective.

Weā€™ve gone through a lot of Community models and changes over the last few years and Iā€™m excited to engage in radical participation and hopefully bring a lot more quality contributions to Mozilla. I want to participate in some agile experimentation - I really think we need it because a lot of our efforts over the past couple of years have not yielded the desired results.

I live in sunny Oakland, CA with my partner Yazan and our little dog, Althea. You can find me on IRC (lmn) or email me (enoonan@mozilla.com).

1 Like

Hello!

Iā€™m currently focused on Regional Community Health, supporting our wonderful country or cross-region communities as they have impact and support our products and mission. What we are interested in answering is - what can Mozilla do for you and your communities?

Iā€™m living in Novo mesto, Slovenia. Iā€™ve been a Mozillian since 1999 and am part of the Irish and Slovene communities, and have been contributing in many areas.

Mozillians profile: https://mozillians.org/u/kinger
Blog: http://brian.kingsonline.net/talk/

Feel free to reach out anytime.

1 Like

Hello!

Michał (aka Vesper), not new to the internet, but rather new to MoCo (joined last year). I dance with l10ns under the banner of SUMO.

I hope we can make participation (such a big word with so many meanings) easy and painless for all levels of users, wherever they are and whichever language they speak. Iā€™m especially interested in finding existing groups of online do-gooders with similar goals and teaming up with them on making the web truly open.

If youā€™re around Barcelona, give me a shout, Iā€™m always happy to meet! Nope, I sadly donā€™t speak Spanish (yet), but one dayā€¦

In my spare time, I play board games, video games, card games, mind games, hungeā€¦ no, wait, not those. I also have a late-night alternative music radio show and a drum kit I try to master.

2 Likes

Hi all,
I am Ioana, called sometimes the little vampire. You definitely can figure it why.

I am involved in Mozilla Community since 2010 contributing to themes (personas). I am a Mozilla Reps Mentor and Peer and my current focus is helping building communities ( specially in Balkans and other EU countries with few mozillians). As technical interest I am looking to grow QAā€™s community and the access to Web Literacy ( specially around Womoz.). I am part of the Mozilla Romania local community.

Read more on my mozillians.org profile or the reps.mozilla.org one.

3 Likes

HI all,

I am Viswaprasath, mostly called as VP7 or Vis.

I am contributing to Mozilla Community since 2013 started with design sometimes. I am Mozilla Reps and trying to contribute more on Firefox OS related activities. I am one of the Firefox OS app Reviewer since May 2014. I am also contributing as VP of tech for Firefox Student Ambassador Program. I am helping Contributors around Tamilnadu, India to contribute more to Firefox Marketplace.

I also contribute to Firefox OS testing sometimes, and have done some translation of Firefox OS apps.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Andrea and I manage Mozillaā€™s digital grassroots advocacy and individual giving. There are so many ways for people to connect with Mozillaā€™s mission. Iā€™m excited to think about all the possibilities and try some experiments ā€“ this is a Lab, after all :smile:

cheers,

Hi

I recently received an email from GeorgeRotor that mentioned this place and thought I should take a look. On doing so, I have seen a few topics that I would like to contribute to, I hope nobody minds.

I have not been ā€œsigned upā€ with Mozilla for very long, although I have been using Firefox, Thunderbird and Sunbird (remember that?) for about seven or eights years. Now I am (thanks to the #mobile IRC channel!) using Firefox Developer edition, Firefox for Android Beta, Thunderbird (release) as well as being SUMO Contributor, a proud Mozillian and (very soon) a volunteer at Mozfest.

Outside of the ā€œday jobā€ and contributing to Mozilla, I have over twelve years experience as an event volunteer, the last seven of which has involved large sporting events and has included recruitment of volunteer teams. Hopefully this may be of some use.

2 Likes

well in Seburo :smile:

Hi!

Iā€™m Mariot Tsitoara, Rep from Madagascar.
Iā€™m fairly new to the program as I have been involved only in 2013.
I am a Marketplace App Reviewer and a member of the Firefox OS Africa team.
You can catch me on IRC under the nickname ā€˜linkā€™.

Cheers :wink: