[Support] FoxyTab

Hi. I’ve downloaded and installed this add-on on the Firefox browser on my Android smartphone but I can’t figure out how to use it?

It shows up on the list of installed add-ons in the browser but beyond that I don’t know how to use it!

How do you use this add-on on the Firefox browser on Android smartphones?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

(erosman) #186

Then it wont animate. I tried 0.5s and it wasn’t that good. I will reduce it back to 0.7s

I didnt think an exact for second for LONG interval would be practical. Who would want to set an interval of 30 minutes and 12 seconds?

Sadly, FoxyTab doesn’t work on Android (lack of API). I disable compatibility with Android but it keeps on coming back.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

(YFdyh000) #187

I mean, it does not state its time unit, it’s just a 10.

I prefer it to ask the reload time with prompt on the page rather than setting a fixed time in the options.

(erosman) #188

I see… it is in the help and the rest are also in minutes, that is why it starts from 6 since 1-5 is already in the context-menu.

That is possible but you know the problem of inserting prompt via tabs.executeScript() (doesnt work everywhere and we end of with users complaining why it doesnt) and panel type window doest work when I tested.

New version made all menu settings reset was that expected behavior?

(erosman) #190

Sadly yes … Once new context-menu items are added, due to the nature of customisable context0menu, I didnt find a quick and reliable way to keep all the changes in the context-menu, so in this instance, the context-menu preferences are reverted to default.

In future, I will try to find a way to keep user context-menu preference, if new items are added.

I’m trying to use FoxyTab on FF 58.0.1 on Win7 Pro x64 with Tab Session Manager and Tree Style Tab (the only add-ons I’ve installed so far in FF 58). I’ve installed and configured FT twice, but the menu never shows up on the tab context menu.

Is there a known conflict with either TSM or TST? If so, is there a work-around?

(erosman) #192

Tab Session Manager is similar and what it shows are just a list. FoxyTab is set to show on the actual Tab flap on the Tab Strip.

Thanks again for your hard work on this addon. One additional feedback, when closing left tabs, it always prompts me, even if I have prompting disabled in FF.

(erosman) #194

Thank you for kind comment.

The prompt is built-in into the add-on and has nothing to do with Firefox preferences. It is there to avoid accidental closing of many tabs which can happen if the wrong menu is clicked. It is the same behaviour as Firefox’s built-in “Close Tabs to the Right”. Have you disabled that? Where?