Weekly Call 06-10-2016

When

Thursday September 06th, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

https://air.mozilla.org/reps-weekly-meeting-oct-6-2016/

Weekly call details:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/Meetings#ReMo_Weekly_Call2

Topics

• WebVR
  • Council updates
  • outreach plans for students

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work!

3 Likes

Raw notes here.
If u attended it or watched it on Airmo - add yourself here.

Attendees:

1. Hi, my name is Mijanur, and I am from Bangladesh. My favorite food is Chicken biryani, because it’s delicious :smiley:
  2. Hi my name is Kumaresan.C.S, and I am from Kerala,India.My favorite food is idli sambar, because its very good one and sweet too :-p
  3. Hi my name is Srushtika and I am from India. My favourite food is Pizzaaaaa, because I don’t even know the reason, it’s just Yumm :stuck_out_tongue:
  4. Hi my name is Amine Zaafouri, and I am from Tunisia. My favorite food is Four Cheese Pizza because I love Pizza.
  5. Hi my name is Ruwan Ranganath , and I am from Sri Lanka. My favorite food is rice because thats what I’m having regularly :stuck_out_tongue: .
  6. Hi, Elio from Albania here. My favorite food is Lasagne
  7. Hi I am Ram from India :slight_smile:
  8. Hi my name is Hugo, and I am from Bolivia. My favorite food is “churrasco” like a barbecue but Bolivian version.
  9. Hi My Name is Costenslayer, And I am From the Internet (United Kindom)
  10. Hi, my name is Marios, and I am from Greece. My favorite food is mousaka - typical.
  11. Hi my name is Daniele, and I am from Italy. My favorite food is the italian food, because well because outside is ehm the worst!
  12. Hi my name is Alex, and I am from Romania. My favorite food is french fries because that’s what Konstantina loves.
  13. Hi Konstantina from Greece, my favorite food is french fries cause I am still a kid
  14. Hi, my name is Sierra and I am from San Francisco. My favorite food is a bacon cheeseburger because it’s amazing.
  15. Hi my name is Geraldo and I am from Brazil. My favorite food is pizza, because because I love pasta.
  16. Hi, my name is Guillermo Movia, and I am from and I’m from Argentina (like last week) and my favourite food is something in the barbecue
  17. Hi my name is Francisco Picolini, and I live in Madrid. My favorite food is Pad Thai, because I tasted in Thailand and I fell in love
  18. Hi my name is Adriano Cupello and I live in Rio. My favorite food is Magret du canard.
  19. Hi I am Ioana and I just want to say Hi i need to drop off earlieer today! <3
  20. Hi, my name is Giannis and I am from Greece. My favorite food is… gyros, because… well, it tastes good!
  21. Hi my name is Christos and I am from Greece. My favorite is PASTA with Pesto because I CAN EAT THEM EVERYDAY
  22. Hi my name is Yuli and i´m from Mexico. My favorite food is Tacos <3
  23. Hi, my name is Ajay and i am from India :slight_smile:
  24. Hi, my name is Rara, and I am from Jakarta - Indonesia. My favorute food is Coto Makassar, my hometown special culinary :p~
  25. Hi my name is Luis, and i from Mexico City. My favorito food is tacos, because tacos…
  26. Hi my name is Trishul Goel, and I live in India. My favorite food is Chicken Tikka, because thats love at first taste :stuck_out_tongue:

Shout outs!
Know some Reps who did an amazing work! Let’s share some #mozlove to them! ( they will be tweeted after the meeting)

AGENDA
TOPIC 1 - WebVR updates - Ram and Srushtika

• Having more developers and content creators playing with WebVR is important for the future of virtual reality to help build towards a free and open virtual reality platform not owned by any individual entity.

• A-Frame is used extensively by the Mozilla VR team to prototype and experiment with WebVR.

• Having more contributors know A-Frame will give them a chance to get involved in one of the most exciting revolutions in the field of technology.

• From Mozilla India Meetup, Indian community started WebVR India group (http://telegram.me/WebVRIndia).

• we did a lot of experiments cause we didn’t have a lot of volunteers, so we did monthly and weekly calls and telegram groups

• We are in a learning face

• we have a github repo, and we put all of our updates there

• We will in the next set of the mozactivate activities

• Event is coming up next weekend in Hyderabad, the agenda is focusing on beginners for WebVR

• this is an experiment event

• we are trying to build as many as contributors as possible

• Huge response (85 registrations till now with 2 more days until deadline) for only 25 seats !

• We have a list of metrics that we’ll measure through the event that’ll be a feed for the future events !
    QUESTIONS:

• can you add the link of the repo here?

• Yes, Repo here.

• Reps event Link.

• More details.

TOPIC 2 - Featured Future Events - Francisco

• MozGirls Connected Devices Workshop (Dhaka, Bangladesh) 7th
  • After a successful event of MozGirls Initiation and Contribution Day, we have come up with a series of events which will basically focus on connected devices. We will have these events to engage more girls in tech and in the contribution team of Mozilla. This event will also cover IoT and we will show the latest development and experiments that Mozilla has been working on. Students and Makers from electronics and computer background will be invited for this event.
  • Hashtag: #MozGirls #MozBDCD
  • LinuxDays 2016 (Prague, Czech Republic) 8th-9th
  • The LinuxDays conference 2016 means two days of talks, workshops, booths of various projects (Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, Slax, openSUSE, vpsFree.cz, etc.), building of 3D printers, electronics ham-shack for children, lots of interesting people and lot of new informations. Although the event is primarily held in the Czech language, there will be talks in English as well. The event is free of charge.
  • Hashtag: #LinuxDays
  • Webcompat and Firefox Test Pilot events (several cities), 10th-12th
  • Dhaka, Bangladesh
  • Tirupati, India
  • Juventude Conectada (Sao Paulo, Brazil) 12th
  • Exercise your HTML skills while customizing the business page and learning code, compose, evaluate, remix, revise, share, and synthesize!
  • Hashtag: #teachtheweb
  • PyCon-FR 2016 (Rennes, France) 13th-16th
  • French-speaking users of the Python language are gathering together during a few days to talk about their experiences in the field, learn from each other and show off new tricks. PyCon-fr ( http://www.pycon.fr ) became a reference event to learn Python, refine one’s skills, meet maintainers of popular libraries… and essentially meet and have a pleasant time together. Mozilla is a platinum sponsor of the event
  • Hashtag: pyconfr

TOPIC 3 - Reps/Regional Team Updates - Guillermo

• Finishing Q4 goals (we will discourse it soon)
  • Ending Arabic Community Gathering preparations
  • Starting Mexico Community Gathering preparations
  • Mentors: remember to enlist yourself on the Coach training

TOPIC 4 - Council Updates - Rara

TOPIC 5 - Outreach plans for students - Ruwan-Ranganath

• Support former FSA clubs to transition to Mozilla campus clubs
  • Doing Mozilla Campus clubs presentation in software freedom day events
  • Having a meeting with State and other university undergrads to discuss about mozilla campus club program initiation
  • Initiating L10n events in each active universities in order to recruit new volunteers into the program ( since people more familiar with L10n)
  • Re-branding Social media and blogs ( including internal university pages)