Raw meeting notes here (after migration).
- Hi, my name is Atique Ahmed Ziad, and I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Hi I’m Flaki from unusually and even disturbingly sunny Budapest, Hungary
- Hi, Ioana - not sick anymore - yay! and a bit sunny in Cluj!
- HI , My name is Biraj , nice weather in Kolkata
- Hi , my name is Mrinal , from Indore India
- Hi, I’m Rosana from Berlin
- Hi, I’m Wim from The Netherlands
- hi, I’m San James from Uganda, Kampala
- Hi my name is Francisco, and I live in Madrid
- Hi I’m George and I’m about to go into 6 weeks of not being in the same city for more than 5 days
- Hi My name is Costenslayer And I live in the UK
- Hi, my name is JB Ochieng from Kampala, Uganda
- Hey, I am SunnaT from Dhaka
- Hola, Rubén [:nukeador] from Spain, autumn hasn’t arrive yet here
- Hi, I am Ikram and I am from Dhaka!
- Hi, I am Umesh from India "Its raining in Pune "
- Konstantina from Greece
- I’m Anis from Dhaka
- Petras from Lithuania
- Hi my name is Åke Nygren and I’m from (sunny!) Stockholm, Sweden
- Hi I’m Nootan Ghimire from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Hey I’m Mahendra Shrivas from Kumasi, Ghana, West Africa
- Hi, Yofie Setiawan from Jakarta, Indonesia
- Hi,My name is Faisal,India
- Hi, My name is Amod, India
- Hi My name is Bolaram Paul from Sylhet,Bangladesh
- Hi, my name is Sammy Fung from Hong Kong. (where is totally different from “mainland China”)
- [from Rara] Shout out to Indonesian community. Finally at Sept 29th, we finally launched Webmaker App for Android in Indonesia. 130 attendees. Bobby Richter and Laura de Reynal was there, too.
- For the incredible 450+ Mozillians whose applications and nominations showed incredible commitment and ideas!! +10000
- [ioana] For the participation team - reading so many applications! Thanks!
- [Biraj] special thanks goes to George for handling this great global gatherings in nice way
- Thank you for all Mozillians helping out in Berlin for the Mozilla Demo Lounge, woo-hoo! Especially thanks go for Andrzej Mazur for tireless WebVR demoes and staffing the lounge practically non-stop! <3<3
- Re-building Mozilla Ghana Community check out our twitter account and our Facebook page
TOPIC 1 - Participation Gatherings ( George) - 2mins
- all announcements were made yesterday - check email.
- Tomorrow - Participation Demo Meeting
check discourse in the next several day - we will answer questions, start discussions for an open place for mare details.
- George will return to Reps call to share more in the next week
- Read the FAQ- Global Gatherings
TOPIC 2 - Fall Marketing Campaign - Chelsea Novak
- This presentation was under NDA
TOPIC 3 - MozVR & CSSConf & JSConf ( Dietrich, Andrzej, Flaki)
- Last week: Reject JS, JSConf & CSSConf EU in Berlin
- Huge loads of events going on in Berlin all September - http://wwwtf.berlin/
- Lots of talks, lots of great conversations going on!
- We had a WHOLE “Mozilla Demo Lounge”
- Building the Mozilla DE community! (with Mario Behling!) https://twitter.com/mozillade
- Hacking the Firefox OS TV (with André Fiedler!) also Firefox OS hacking sessions - https://www.flickr.com/photos/blank22763/21804192336/in/album-72157659234990616/ - huge packed house for all!
- Was giving away extra-super-cool Firefox Canvas Bags - https://www.flickr.com/photos/blank22763/21207610374/in/album-72157659234990616/
- Demoing Games and WebVR all the way through: https://twitter.com/slsoftworks/status/649216258668384256 - thank you Andrzej Mazur for tireless WebVR demoes and staffing the lounge practically non-stop! this sounds like a shout out! because it is! haha
- What do you think it’s the most interesting thing coming about VR+web?
- Finally there is a tech with WebVR, that the web is not behind desktop tech – but actually leading the pack. By 2016 when the technology matures, all you need to do is go to a shop, buy a headset, plug it in your computer, open a website, launch it and without downloading any special plugin or any hacking, you can dive in to any VR experience (e.g.: interactive museum exhibits, games, etc…) the site could offer.
- What was the feedback for the TVs?
- We had great feedback, people were very excited about it. André Fiedler took the TV on the weekend to a “TV Hack Day” - they uncovered a few bugs, missing features but also put together a lot of great stuf. Next year’s version of the TV is going to be “bigger&better” on features, but it is pretty cool already.
- If you have a chance to visit a Mozilla office - all offices should have an FxOS TV by now!
ACTIONS: * Follow along with Mozilla German community: https://twitter.com/mozillade
- Cool tweets: 1, 2, 3, 4,
TOPIC 4 - Future (featured) Events (Franc) 5 min
Mozilla at Infotech (1st-4th), Pailles, Mauritius
Mozilla Kerala Meetup (2nd, 3rd), Kochin, India
InGenius 2015 (2nd, 3rd), Bangalore, India
RailsGirls - Maceio (2nd, 3rd), Maceio, Brazil
Software Freedom Day Santiago (3rd), Santiago, Chile
TOPIC 5 - Help me with my project!
TOPIC 6 - What we’re working on in Council ( Nuke )
- Budget training
- New round of reps applicants assignments
- Tailoring a vision for Reps program in 2016