Weekly Call 21-07-2016

When

Thursday July 21st, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

https://air.mozilla.org/reps-weekly-20160721/

Weekly call details:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/Meetings#ReMo_Weekly_Call3

Topics

• L10n balkans meet-up
  • Review Team
  • Events
  • Council updates

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Letā€™s send them some #mozlove!

2 Likes

Raw notes can be found here.

Attendees:

• Hi , my name is Ioana and today I am a navy person - red, white, blue.
  • Hi, my name is Mijanur and I am from Bangladesh. Today my Tshirt color is Blue.
  • Hi, my name is Giannis and I am from Thessaloniki, Greece. Today, my clothes color is navy blue.
  • Hi my name is Christophe and I am from Paris in France. Today, my clothes colour are brown and blue
  • Hi, my name is Ankit and I am from India, Today I am wearing Yellow.
  • Hola, my name is RubĆ©n and Iā€™m in Spain. Today is too warm to wear clothes.
  • Hi, my name is Francisco and Iā€™m from Madrid. Today my clothes are pink t-shirt
  • Hi my name is Konstantina and I am from sunny Greece. Today my clothes are yellow and grey
  • Hi Iā€™m Flore from Lyon, Iā€™m wearing a grey ā€œI <3 mozillaā€ Tshirt
  • Hi, Iā€™m Staś from Warsaw, Poland, and Iā€™m wearing navy blue today!
  • Hi, Iā€™m Matjaž and Iā€™m from Lendava, Slovenia. Iā€™m wearing black.
  • Hi, Iā€™m Kelimutu, and I am from Indonesia. Today, my clothes color is black
  • Hi, Iā€™m Flod from Brescia, Italy. Today, gray Whistler shirt.
  • Hi, Iā€™m Rosana, I am from Colombia. Today my clothes colour is black + blue (you should have asked me yesterday, it was yellow!)
  • Hi! Iā€™m Prathamesh from Pune, India. Today, Iā€™m wearing white :slight_smile:
  • Hi I am Christos and I am from Greece! Today my clothes color is the Firefox blue!
  • Hi Rahul here from India. And the color of the day is #000000
  • Hi, my name is Rara, and I am from Jakarta - Indonesia. Today, my clothes colour is blue :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Hi, my name is Semirah and I am from the US. Today the color of my clothes are gray and purple.
  • Hi, I am Ikram from Bangladesh and I am wearing my favourite Black coloured dress
  • Hi, my name is Jobava and I am wearing the L10n lion (hear me rawr)
  • Hi, my name is Adriano and I am from Brazil. Today my clothes colour are gray
  • Hi my name is Abhilash and Iam from Hyderabad, India.
  • hi my name mohamed Hafez from Egypt.
  • Hi my name is ABBACKAR DIOMANDE from IVORY COAST, today my clothes color is blue

Shout outs! Know some Reps who did an amazing work! Letā€™s share some #mozlove to them! ( they will be tweeted after the meeting)

• Everyone who applied for Regional Coaches (54)
  • New mentors who are currently on boarding
  • Rara for being the new council chair
  • Michael for being the previous council chair (rubenbot n.2)
  • Alex Lakatos for being the rep of the month
  • All the people that applied for Mozfest for Space Volunteers
  • Review Team who are also on boarding.
  • Gasper for being an amazing organizer at the mozbalkans L10n community

Chair: Christos
Notetakers: Konstantina
Github issue: https://github.com/mozilla/Reps/issues/53

AGENDA
TOPIC 1 - MozBalkans L10n meet-up - @gapson, Matjaz , @stas and @flod

TOPIC 2 - Review Team - Konstantina

TOPIC 3 - Future featured Events (Francisco)

* Mozilla QA Bangladesh: Train the trainers v1.0 (Dhaka, Bangladesh) 22nd

TOPIC 4 - ROM Process and May & June announcements - @ioana

• Process
  • Between 1st and 10th of each months reps are nominated
  • Voting open till 25th Writing details - help needed from mentor
  • For may - the automation process was broken
  • QUESTIONS:
  • Why is there such a big scarcity of rep mentors?
  • I do not thing this question is related to ROM, but I would say that we had many applications and we filled up our mentors.
  • Only mentors vote or all reps?
  • mentors only
  • why ? I understand that the nomination process is limited to mentors, but I feel like the vote could be extended to all reps. What was the reason to limit the vote to mentors?
  • I am not sure anyone remember why it started like this - but it is a good feedback and we will took it into consideration.
  • Shouldnā€™t it be mandatory to provide descriptions of work for a nominated rep, can we make it so?
  • we have entered a bug for it to be implemented - sometimes we do add notes in a pad
  • ACTIONS:
  • If u are a Rep - please complete this survey - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSwdiM0a0vicaQDNQzP5t9Ao7tRJLIxVUJTMj1BjNoh2szrg/viewform
  • If u are also a Mentor - please complete this survey - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPFly38szaDrddoNzZcYuwH79cmcp9cRpR60k3CcJZtJ8AyQ/viewform
  • RELEVANT LINKS:
  • May ROM on Discourse and on the blog.
  • June ROM on Discourse and on the blog.

TOPIC 5 - Council updates

NON-VERBAL UPDATES

• ** 5 min ā€œFIreside Chatsā€ at Monday project meetings**
  • a 15 minute ā€˜Leadership Fireside Chatā€™ at the end of each weekly Monday meeting. We do recognize that time zones doesnā€™t work for all, and hope that folks will post a question in moderator before the session, and can watch the session on Air Mozilla afterward.
  • 7/25 - Mitchell Baker - Board Update and London Session Follow-up
  • 8/01 - Nick Nguyen- Context Graph Update
  • 8/08 - Mary Ellen Muckerman - Mozillaā€™s brand strategy - making us more understandable and relevant
  • 8/15 - David Bryant - Platform Update - more details to come.
  • [Speaker Series] The Invention Cycle - 20th of July - Tina Seelig shared her model, The Invention Cycle, that taps into our innate capabilities of imagination and creativity to help us innovate better.
  • Weā€™ll learn and gain understanding of: Crisp definitions for imagination, creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship and Clear next steps for progressing from the seed of an idea through implementation
  • AIRMO - https://air.mozilla.org/the-invention-cycle-going-from-inspiration-to-implementation-with-tina-seelig/
  • Rosana: I was part of the workshop prior to the talk and I highly recommend it. The model is really great and Tina is a fantastic speaker. You should also check out her books :slight_smile:
  • European Search Engines - SURVEY
  • Mozilla Pune Annual Community Report (2015-2016)
  • Firefox 49.0 Aurora Testday, July 22nd
1 Like