Add-on Review Questions

Hello. My add-on “Mini proxy” (Add-on Page) pending review for 2 months. It is too long. Please speed up the check if it is possible.

Add-on id: @mini-proxy

Is there anybody alive here? Nobody is answering.

@Maksovich My apologies; I’ve been ill the last few days and have had a hard time responding to all inquiries. I will look into this.

Hi @caitlin,

Add-on (page) is awaiting listed version review for 2 months now. We were tracking queue position patiently but now it’s not even displayed.

Can you provide any ETA or explain how is it taking so long? I know its a common question at this time, but it feels like the add-on review is forgotten.

Best regards

2 Likes

Hello @caitlin!

My extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/fastproxy-россия/) has been in Awaiting Review from 7 July.
Until recently, it was possible to observe progress in the check queue.
There is currently no indication of when the extension will be approved.

2 Likes

@caitlin Hi! My item (CensorTracker: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/censor-tracker/) is awaiting review for almost two months. Can you please help me? It was just a simple update and it’s pretty strange that the review takes this long. Thank you very much for your time and I hope we can find out what is wrong.

2 Likes

Hello,
I don’t understand the policy of targeting unlisted add-ons for manual review at all. I submitted an add-on published by Mozilla for testing (https://github.com/mdn/webextensions-examples/tree/master/proxy-blocker) and it has been unacceptable for many weeks. The add-on doesn’t have any malicious code that needs reviewing, because it’s your add-on?
As I removed the word “proxy” from the permission list in the manifest file, the add-on is automatically accepted within 5 minutes.
Can someone explain this situation?

1 Like

OK now I am seriously disturbed.

Hi! Our security mechanism scans submissions to identify and react to potentially malicious add-ons. These can be held for manual review. We’ve been dealing with some issues on our end that are causing delays for add-ons selected for manual review, but we are working as quickly as possible to review submissions in the queue.

I understand the security mechanisms. I don’t understand why an add-on that has 1 line of code: “console.log (‘Hello World!’);” with permissions set “proxy” goes to manual review :). Maybe you can explain how 1 line of code is supposed to be malicious to get it for manual review?

2 Likes

Hi @caitlin,

This has been going on for more that two months now. We need some questions answered. I get that you @caitlin might not have the answers we need, so if you cannot supply them, then can you please get someone from Mozilla who can to respond to these questions, or tell us who to contact who can answer these questions.

1. What is the workaround (if any) that we can use to prevent our UNLISTED addons from being added to the manual queue?

2. What exactly has caused this problem (lots of addons, even unlisted addons, being added to the manual review queue) to occur?

3. What, if anything, Mozilla is doing about removing our addons from the manual review queue?

Please answer these questions with more than

We’ve been dealing with some issues on our end that are causing delays for add-ons selected for manual review, but we are working as quickly as possible to review submissions in the queue.

1 Like

Well that’s 100% possible. Silly to attempt, but possible. More importantly, potentially amenable to automatic scanning.

Please check review my addon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/addon/240b907f726e4c479e05/versions . It has been 2 days. Thanks.

Hi,
For several weeks I have been trying to sign a new version of my addon (not listed) but without success. I receive an email telling me that it may take several days but after more than 4 weeks the addon still has not signed.
I tried to re-upload other versions and even create a new addon but unfortunately it is still not signed even though they are undistributed versions each time.
Usually signing an undistributed (unlisted) version only takes a few minutes. Can someone help me please?

Thanks for reaching out, @Nguyen_Huu_Qui. We’re still unfortunately experiencing some issues that are causing delays for extensions selected for manual review. We are working to resolve those issues; in the meantime, I’ll flag your add-on for the review team with the hopes that they can get to it soon.

Hi,
My add-on has passed 2 months and still has not been reviewed. Can you help me? https://addons.mozilla.org/zh-CN/firefox/addon/scriptcat/

1 Like

Hi
What are the conditions that require a manual review?

Hi @rmiyai, generally speaking, your add-on may be flagged for manual review if it looks like it might be doing something potentially unsafe for users. The Add-on Policies & How To Build a Secure Extension articles on Firefox Extension Workshop touch on some of the things we look for.

2 Likes

@caitlin Can you answer my question?