Add Tamazight(tzm) in pontoon

Hi i would like to contribute to translate Mozilla products in my mother language tamaziɣt n laṭlas under the iso code tzm we use latin caracters
example:
hi, my name is Hakim i live in Morocco. - > azul, nekk d Hakim zeddeɣeɣ g umeṛṛuk.
thank you

2 Likes

Azul, you should writen to @delphine

2 Likes

azul Thank You for the assist

1 Like

You are welcome, When the tzm is added, the Kabyle community will be there to help you with pleasure.

2 Likes

thank you we are on the same path as iqbayliyen

2 Likes

Is Atlas Tamazight written in Tifinagh or Latin? If you are using Latin script, you can copy and modify Kabyle Localization

3 Likes

rif and tzm are written in latin script i’ll do that
thank you

1 Like

Hello Hakim, and thanks for reaching out about localizing Mozilla products.
Would you like to start out with Firefox for Android?
It’s a relatively small project still, so would be good to start out with that.
Let me know and I’d be happy to help.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @delphine, yes that would be a great start
Thank you

1 Like

Great news!
I can work on setting this up next week for sure. Will let you know once it’s all done and you can get started :slight_smile:
thanks for your interest in contributing!

2 Likes

welcome to our brothers, the iso code of Tamazight of the atlas is “tzm” and standard Moroccan Tamazight is “zgh”, but they have the same native name “native name” which is "Tamazight, it will generate some bugs and worries in future projects,

1 Like

Thanks for catching this!
How would you suggest we rename both to avoid this confusion down the road (and possible issues)?

Hi @slimane.amiri tanks you for notifying about the names problem @delphine i suggest Central Atlas Tamazight as an alternative

1 Like

Hello @delphine, yes the official name is : Central Atlas Tamazight. And i suggest @hakim.oubouali.skr to be a manager of this language, we are going to help him to understand pontoon. I am a manager for kabyle locale.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @slimane.amiri! and I have added @hakim.oubouali.skr as manager.
So I will call it Central Atals Tamazight in Pontoon.
But should I aslo rename in Pontoon “the other” Tamazight?

2 Likes

Thank you very much @delphine, the other Tamazight is officially called “Standard Moroccan Tamazight”, but I think we should first descuss with the manager of this language on pontoon who is also a friend.

1 Like

Ok, I have updated the “tzm” locale code name: https://pontoon.mozilla.org/tzm/
@slimane.amiri: should we reach out to him here, or would you like to get in contact another way?

2 Likes

Good, I’ll tell him to come here.

1 Like

@delphine I’ve been talking to the zgh manager on pontoon, he prefers to keep the name Tamazight for zgh as long as tzm has a different name now.

1 Like

Totally fine on my side! Let’s do this for now, then.
thank you so much for all you help.

2 Likes