Packing list and tips

Dear Reps,

I thought it would be useful to share our tips and advice on what to pack for mozfest.
For example, last year, we were asked to wear a specific T-shirt every day… As it was right after the summit, everyone had the 3 summit T-shirts.

What should we pack this year (In addition to passport, VISA, travel papers)?

• Reps polo (of course)
  • One Firefox T-shirt per day
  • comfortable clothes and shoes (we spend a lot of time climbing stairs).
  • Firefox OS phone (if you have one). Make it easy to identify (stickers, special wallpaper, write your name inside beneath the battery). It’s not like there will be a bunch of them everywhere
  • laptop + charger (identify your charger with a sticker or something, in case there is a bunch of abandoned chargers, you can spot yours easily)
  • AC adaptater for all your electronic stuff (ID it for same reasons as charger)
  • Bag/backpack to put all your stuff.
  • your happiness…
  • TBC
2 Likes

what type of warm cloths are needed ? Never been to London :frowning: . any suggestions?

It might be around 14 degrees Celsius, but there might be a chill factor. You should probably plan for 11-13 degrees to be sure. Certainly take a sweather with you, that will be needed. If it’s as windy as last year, you might even want to have a coat. If you’re used to 30+ degrees, you certainly will need a coat.

Bring a sweater that you can take off easily, since it will be warm enough inside and you’ll probably gonna do a lot of stair climbing.

1 Like

Last year, it was exceptionaly windy (a gale). But yes, I agree with Michael. Sweater + raincoat. I would not take an umbrella because of the wind, it’s not really useful…

1 Like

I remember last year, it was windy and cool. I suggest maybe a hoodie or sweater.

1 Like

Thank you @r_HN42fyO-WKqJJnvvAS8F-w for this Sharing, Can I wear any other Mozilla T-shirt because I haven’t Reps Polo! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone :slight_smile: I will then take an easy to take off sweater along with a coat .

1 Like

One could still be useful - it’s not normally as windy as it was last year. If you’re packing light, though, a waterproof coat would of course be useful in more conditions.

1 Like

Great advice, I think this info should be on the wiki (I thought someone would have added the info already).

Well, I imagine it could. However, I don’t have one and if I had one, I would probably lose it somewhere… And that may be the reason why I don’t have an umbrella in the first place

Hi Oliver, all
We did add many things to the wiki. Those not present yet are not quite settle.

For what does not depend on the organizing team ( weather etc - as none of us live there) can be added details by anyone here:

1. Weather: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/Mozilla_Festival_2014/Logistics#Weather
  2. Tips and tricks: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/Mozilla_Festival_2014/Logistics#Tips_and_tricks

Regards, Ioana

2 Likes

That’s great to know.

Cool, thanks for the update.

1 Like

For those who want to check the weather before packing.
Summary: around 15°C and light rain. No strong wind. Pack an umbrella / raincoat and a sweater.

2 Likes

Thanks @flore for the updates - Also @leo added to the wiki some info.
Thank you both!

2 Likes

@leo would you mind adding some last minute info here since you’re probably one of the closest to London? :slight_smile:

1 Like

A small tip for those who are not aware. During mozfest week-end (sunday at 3am), we will quit daylight saving time. One more hour of mozfest magic (or sleep, but sleep is for the weak).
For those not used to this, it’s like a timezone change: we will go from UTC+1 to UTC.