Reporting on your role as a community coordinator

Hello everyone,

As discussed in this Discourse post the Community Portal allows Reps to report on various kind of events, but there are few Reps activities that are not captured.

As a temporary tool we decided to ask Reps to use a form to capture those activities not captured in the portal. You can test the form here (NB since the testing is done I took away the link, please note that the link to the real form has been sent to you through reps general and that the answers submitted into the test form have not been registered). We will share the link to the real form privately on Monday.

This form focuses on Reps-specific activities, to say those activities that Reps carry out as community coordinators. The form, therefore, asks you to submit:

• Mentorship activities: as a mentor or as a mentee
  • Community building and planning activities: this refers to activities that you carried out to support and grow your local or functional community as well as the Reps program.
  • Support in Mozilla Project and campaigns: This refers to supporting staff, and other volunteers in the development and organization of Mozilla activities and campaigns. It does not refer to the participation in a campaign, or the organization of campaign-related events, as those activities are already captured in your Community Portal profile when you RSVP to a campaign or create an event.

You can only submit one kind of activities at a time, if you want to submit more than one kind of activities (e.g. mentorship activities and Community Building activities) you will have to submit the form more than once.

These forms are intended to be completed once a month. There are some pre-prepared options, in an attempt to make them easy to fill, but there is the option to add “other” activities (as long as they fall under the general description of the specific section of the form).

To complete the form you will have to select your community portal username from a drop-down menu in the form. If your username is not in the form, please contact me.

Please note that a summary of your activities will be automatically extracted from your answers and will be publicly available.

Please let me know your feedback for these forms by the end of the week. I am aware that they are not a perfect solution, and going forward we might be able to find a better way to do reporting. However, they will allow us to collect those activities that are not captured by the portal for the time being.

If you have any long-term ideas on how to improve reporting, or you want to work on a different way to extract data from the form, please get in touch with me or the council.

Bests,

Francesca

EDIT: As @bobreyes suggested, you can now add details (or links) to the activity you reported.

You can add details by using the “other” option in the “kind of activity” question. E.g. you can click on the option “onboarded a new community member” and then use “other” to add details to that activity. Of course, you can also use “other” to report a kind of activity that is not the list.

I know this make it possible to add more than one activity under one question, but please do not do so. Remember to add each activity separately.

5 Likes

If this is not real form, and is meant to remain private ( Reps-only ), than why do you share copy of it publicly?

Hi, the copy is there so that reps can test it. The link to the form from where we will collect the answers is private. The answers from the copy will be discarded.

So, its treated like, kind-of, mock form, just to test sth out, correct?

Impressive! I loved it!

1 Like

Hello Francesca,

I took part in the Play Store Help Campaign but it does not show in my Community Portal profile. Can I report it some other way?

Hi Gabriela! If you RSVP the campaign it should show, I am not sure why it does not…

Can you check your privacy settings? I cannot see that you belong to the reps group, or any events, so maybe participation in campaigns does not show? PM me if that is not the problem, and I´ll try to see what I can do.

Thanks, @fminelli for this one!

Would love to see a field where we can report the details of activities. Also, having a URL field (say, for a blog post or Community Portal event related to such activity) would be awesome.

Hi Robert,

If the event is already in the community portal there is no need to report it again using the form. Adding an Url field is something that we could add to the form, let me think about how to implement that. I am not sure about adding a detail field, if the activity is not included in the “standard” one, you can use the “other” field. What do you think of that?

1 Like

yes, that is correct.

1 Like

Hi all,

As @bobreyes suggested, you can now add details (or links) to the activity you reported.

You can use add details by using the “other” option in the “kind of activity” question. E.g. you can click on the option “onboarded a new community member” and then use “other” to add details to that activity. Of course, you can also use “other” to report a kind of activity that is not the list.

I know this make it possible to add more than one activity under one question, but please do not do so. Add each activity separately.

1 Like