We have finalized the date for decommissioning of the Reps portal. In this post I hope to give some clarification on how the move is going to happen, how the data in the Reps Portal will be saved, and how we are going to do reporting going forward. We are looking for suggestions and feedback on how we can do reporting activities, so please comment in this thread with your ideas.
The Reps Portal will be decommissioned by the end of the July. The portal has been archived by Irvin and Michael and will be accessible here: https://mozilla.github.io/reps-archive/. The final update of the Reps Portal archive will be done immediately after the 20 of July. That means that any changes made on the website after the 20th of July will not be preserved in the archive.
Reporting in the portal:
As we discussed in the Reps Call on the 9th of July, it is possible to do some reporting in the Community Portal, enough that we feel confident in shutting down the Reps Portal.
However, the reporting of certain other activities in the Community Portal is not possible. For this reason we are asking for your help. Please suggest how you think we could carry out reporting going forward. We welcome suggestions both for temporary or long term solutions.
Looking at a Reps profile it is possible to see:
- The Reps Groups they are part of: e.g. Reps, Reps Resources, Reps Mentors, Reps review….etc.
- The local groups they participate in
- The campaigns they participated in
- The events they organized
- The events they attended
- Some metrics on overall reps participation (website administrators will be able to obtain those)
What is not possible to see:
- Supporting other reps (primarily mentorship activities)
- Reps’ working groups activities that take place outside meetings
Concerning mentorship activities: we are working to build and up-to-date spreadsheet that indicates who is a person mentor/mentee. So please here focus on advice on how to report specifically mentorship activities.
Please help us out by suggesting a solution for how we can do reporting by the 30 of July. Thank you for all your help!
Please note: Reps groups in the community portal (reps, reps resources, reps mentors etc.). are closed groups so you cannot join them by yourself. If you have not done so yet, please take the following actions as soon as possible.
- Create a community portal profile.
- Once you have created the profile, put your username in this table near your name
Once you have done so, a community manager will proceed to put you in the appropriate reps group.