Hello lovely Reps,
as you know the community portal will launch next month and our plan is to also migrate the Reps program inside the community portal. The main two new reasons we are doing that is to:
- ensure we have all our volunteers inside one platform
- have less platform to maintain.
Our plan is to migrate all the Reps to the community portal and sunset the Reps portal (reps.mozilla.org) by the of Q1 2020. But in order to do so, we need to ensure that all the Reps-specific functionalities are being covered either via the new community portal or via external tools.
The Reps Council had a meeting last week and identified the following functionalities as specific to the Reps program that are not being covered right now by version 1 of the community portal:
TO DO LIST: List of your action items for you and mentees (automatically created/triggered)
- prompts to add metrics to your event page
- Prompts for Bugzilla budget/swag requests need-info
- Prompts for bugzilla based on different whiteboard tags
- Prompts for votes
VOTING TOOL: system for electing reps council, the review team votes on budgets, the council uses it for decision making.
- Includes special fields on events for Metrics & Goals, Budget & swag request links
- Ability to add pre-defined report types to show activity
- Activity reporting other than events
- Mentor re-assignment (+ list of mentors without a mentee)
- Mentor structure
- Rep of the Month Nomination / Display on front page / Display on profile / Archive (currently linked from the front page below the current RoM)
- Overview of which Mentor has which mentees (https://reps.mozilla.org/people/mentors/)
REPS DISCOVERABILITY - Ability to search people inside the group.
- Functional Teams (Resources Reps, Newsletter, Onboarding Review Team)
- Featured Rep
- Contents from wiki nowadays
- Static comment from the Reps portal
So the question for you is: have we missed something? Please add on the comments below functionalities that we might have missed that are unique to the Reps program.
In the following days, the Reps Council members will open discourse topics to discuss every single theme. What we want to understand is: are those functionalities still needed? Do we need them in the community portal or can we cover with other tools? What is the interim solution until those custom features are built inside the portal?