Raw notes here.
- Hi my name is Mohammed Migdadi, and i am from Jordan.My Hoppy is
2, Hi my name is Luna i am from Sweden. My Hobby is geeky stuff
- Hi Kontstantina form Greece and my hobby is caving
- Hi this is Vnisha Srivastav from Uttar Pradesh, India and my hobby is…Ah, I won’t tell
- Hi My name is Mohamed Hafez, and i am from Egypt. too much hot here
- Hi, I’m Larissa, I lead diversity and inclusion initiatives for Mozilla, and more importantly am a Californian MozRep I live in Santa Cruz and my “hobbies” are parenting (not really a hobby but it takes all my time) and gardening
- Hi I’m Michael from really sunny and warm Switzerland, and I have nice Firefox sunglasses Wow I like it +1
- Hi, my name is Mijanur and I am from Bangladesh. My hobby is playing cricket.
- Hi, my name is Christophe and i am Paris in France. My Hobby is of the make cookies Firefox 3D
- Hi, my name is Gašper, and I am from Slovenia. My hobby is
- Hi, it’s Flaki (with Liv) from the café with Bazinga!-covered walls, and my hobby is conference-organizing(apparently)
- Hi, It’s Anis from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Hi my name is Towaha, and I am from Sylhet, Bangladesh. My hobby is playing Piano.
- HI BEBE HERE from Romania
- Hi My name Is Mahmood Qudah From jordan
- Hi my name is Ganesh, and I am from Mauritius. My hobby is football
- Hi I am Sunnat from Dhaka, Bangladesh. Hobby is watching Football
- Hi I’m Bolaram from Sylhet,Bangladesh & my hoby is coding , gaming.
- Hi I’m Mehul Patel from India and my hobby is to hack others stuff, how??? its secret, won’t tell
Shout outs! Know some Reps who did an amazing work! Let’s share some #mozlove to them!
- Larissa wants to thank Flaki and RaRa for their work on the d&I strategy working group <3
TOPIC 1 - Nordic Mozilla L10n Hackathon 2016 (Luna)
TOPIC 2 - Diversity & Inclusion @ Mozilla ( Larissa and Rara/ Flaki)
- Have a look at the slide deck linked below, there are a lot of information already there!
- Listen & Discover phase
- In the next few months more listening going on
- Now moving to Planning phase - figure out goals, priority, “how do we want to change?”
- More concrete action plans to come
- D&I Strengths
- Reps is incredibly diverse
- Trying to move away from a California-centric strategy, more global
- That’s where we come in and can help out
- Key principals
- Lead, not follow
- Measure everything
- Be transparent
- Be Fair
- Be all-in
- We really want to be a leader (specially in the open source space) in D&I
- Does you have specific plan for first stage (listen)?
- Finding out what the gaps are in the pieces we’ve already done
- Include questions in surveys
- Larissa needs help documenting this, reach out to her if you want to help out with putting information on the wiki
- [Flaki] feel free to contact me anytime if you want to discuss anything!
- RELEVANT LINKS:
- Slides PDF
- Unconscious Bias resources
TOPIC 3 - Diversity & Inclusion on your community (Mijanur, Sandraghassen , Flore, Gasper, )
- Tell us about:How you make your community more diverse and inclusive, what is your strategy?
- What are the biggest obstacles you’ve ever faced?’
- How could Mozilla best support you?
- we are trying to get back where we where
- we will have more meeting in the future
Gasper and Brian (talking about the Slovenian community)
- Kind of lacking diversity
- There are a few woman who joined recently
- We want to work on that!
- We could use “best pracises” documented somewhere to help us find out what we should maybe do better
- “How can you bring more diverse people to a hackathon?”
- We take any tips we can get!
Sandraghassen Subarraya Pillai [Ganesh]
Up to now I have been organizing events with diverse community and ages; strategy: focusing or targeting different group by going through NGOs, Associations or cultural societies and youth clubs, after schools for oriental languagesBiggest obstacles - internet connectivity and equipment to enable us to conduct hands-on practice Provide support to enable us to participate ICT events at national level