Hello Common Voice Community!
TL;DR: Improving loading and errors and Community Events Workshop next Thursday.
How are we improving loading and errors on the listen/speak pages ?
In the last few weeks our engineers have been working on improving website stability. Check out Zac’s discourse post to learn more about the changes.
Ps. I hope you enjoy Zac’s creative memes
Community Events Workshop next Thursday
You are invited to the Community Events Workshop on Thursday 31st March at 6:30pm-7:30pm (UTC+1). Register today to secure your spot or share this post with a fellow community member!
What are the benefits for attending the workshop ?
- Connect across the language community to share ideas and create event ideas
- Learn more about the support you can get from Mozilla regarding your event
- Re-fresh your skills in event planning and objective
You should also attend if your language is currently not enabled for voice collection as the new sentence bands and 75% pontoon localisation rate will reduce the barrier to entry for participation in the project.
Events, Oppurtunities and Intresting things…
- Common Voice Kiswahili Model Development Grant Application has been extended to April 26th
- This Thursday, I’m taking part in Building Open Source Community discussion on Twitter Spaces. Feel free to come along
- 2022 Linguapax International Award is open for nomination is there someone you know advancing lingustics divesity in your local community ? I would encourage you to apply.