Over the past few weeks the Reps Peers have worked on a Reps description update. Right now we have quite a few outdated description out in the internet (including the Reps Portal, the Reps wiki and other sources). We want to update these. We’ve based our work on an initial description the Reps Council (under the lead of Yofie) has worked on and adapted a few things. Then we’ve asked Council for initial feedback. Now we would like to ask all Reps for feedback. What did we miss? What is not clear reading these descriptions?
Please provide your feedback to the descriptions below until April 29th. You can find the full time line here: https://github.com/mozilla/Reps/issues/379
Thanks in advance!
Longer version (full description)
Reps are passionate Mozillians who mobilize and develop functional and local/regional Mozilla communities. They are committed to educate and empower people to support Mozilla’s mission and contribute to the project based on Mozilla’s leadership agreements.
Reps are community coordinators interested in:
- finding and connecting new talent with Mozilla projects they are contributing to
- developing communities on a functional or local level
- supporting local communities and Mozilla to have an effective and decentralized environment for contribution
- creating collaborations with adjacent communities to spread Mozilla’s mission and expand Mozilla’s outreach in the open source ecosystem
- collecting local knowledge from Mozilla communities to inform and inspire Mozilla’s strategy, activities and priorities
Reps are not a power structure over other Mozillians; instead, they are here to help, empower and inspire people to contribute to Mozilla projects.
The Reps Program is open to everyone above 18 years of age who have been contributing to Mozilla for at least 6 months. Following are the benefits of joining the Reps Program:
- Access to a global community which includes people from many different countries and cultural backgrounds
- Direct support from Mozilla to help you empower others in your region to advance Mozilla’s goals
- Opportunity to help your local community grow
- Grow your leadership and communication skills and build networks with new people from many different countries around the globe
- Amplify Mozilla’s impact in your local region and functional area.
Very short version
Reps are passionate Mozillians who mobilize and develop functional and local/regional communities. They are committed to empowering others to contribute to Mozilla projects.
Reps are passionate Mozillians who mobilize and develop functional and local/regional Mozilla communities. They are committed to educate and empower people to support Mozilla’s mission and contribute to the project based on Mozilla’s leadership agreements. They are also creating collaborations with other local communities to expand Mozilla’s outreach in the open source ecosystem.
Reps in this role provide coaching and guidance to ensure that Reps are successful in fulfilling their responsibilities.
The Council is the program’s 9-member governing body composed of 2 permanently appointed Staff members and 7 elected volunteers who are serving 12-month terms. The Council exists to ensure that the Mozilla Reps program runs smoothly, oversees the governance and finances of the program and serves as an advisory body within the Mozilla organization. The Reps Council takes strategic decisions regarding the program with input by the rest of the leadership body.